My Rating: 4 out of 5 Cups of Tea
Genre: YA Fantasy
Summary: Aelin and her court are on the move in this next Throne of Glass sequel. From trying to get her throne back, to trying to save the country, Aelin is going to need every bit of wits and bad-assery she can summon to overcome in a world waiting to be destroyed. She must also learn to trust the few people in her life with the plans she’s trying to lay out. With all of this, though, looms the question of how to stop Erawan. Will Aelin finally learn the part she is to play in it?
Things I Loved:
- I know this is unpopular, but I actually really like Rowan and Aelin. Their cute together, and I definitely loved all their moments in this book.
- Suave Dorian and his sass are still one of my favorite things about this series.
- The ending was awesome. Depressing, but a really awesome cliffhanger.
- The return of so many characters from past books and stories. So cool to see so many people come together in this addition to the series.
Things I Disliked:
- There is no freaking diversity in these books. Can we have at least one main couple that isn’t heterosexual and white, please?
- (Possible Spoiler:) So, the surprise we get at the ending of this one is eerily similar to the certain surprise we get at A Court of Mist and Fury, and I kind of felt cheated because of it. Like, it’s a good twist once, but not twice…
Recommend to: fantasy lovers, those who don’t mind a little more explicit YA, and those who like romance to be a good portion of the books they read.