My Rating: 4/5 Cups of Tea
Genre: Science Fiction
Summary: Mark Watney, an astronaut/botanist/mechanical engineer, is stuck on Mars after a sand storm. His team has left him, thinking him dead, no one on Earth knows he’s alive, and he has only a small supply of food and water. His only chance at survival is another mission coming to Mars in four years. Can he survive until then?
Things I Loved:
1) Sarcasm at its finest.
2) It lived up to the hype.
3) Mark. Awesome, hilarious character who I absolutely adored.
4) The twists and turns kept me flipping pages fast.
Things I Disliked:
1) There was so much science, and I am not, not, not a science person. Some parts, no matter the explanation, were still confusing.
2) Besides Mark, all other characters were bland and forgettable.
3) The ending left me wanting more. While reading the last hundred pages or so, I kept just wanting to get to the end. It was slow to say the least, but then the last 5 pages or so left me hanging. After everything, I was just expecting… more I guess.
Recommend to: Science lovers; anyone who doubts the hype; anyone with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor.