This week, I’m starting off a new blog segment called “Waiting On” Wednesdays. This was started by Breaking the Spine, and basically gives everyone an opportunity to share the unreleased books they’re most excited for.
So, without further ado, here is this weeks WoW pick:
Title: Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (Passenger #2)
Release Date: January 3rd 2017
Goodreads Synopsis (Beware of Spoilers!! This is the 2nd in the duology.):
All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.
Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.
As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them.
Why I Can’t Wait For This Release:
- Passenger was one of my favorite books read in 2016. So, I can’t wait for the conclusion of its story!
- I love time-travel, guys. So much. Plus, it isn’t just time-travel, but culture-travel (?). It truly explores so much and this adds for great story-telling.
- The characters are all complicated and amazing. I truly fell in love with each and every character in Passenger, so I can’t wait to read more about them.
- The cliff-hanger. GAH. I must know what happens and how everything works itself out.
- It’s Alexandra Bracken, so it’s going to be good. She also wrote the Darkest Minds trilogy, which is also super good!
Until next time,
Your Pemberley Reader